Friday, February 13, 2009

Olive apricot and pistachio quinoa


I tweaked a Martha Stewart couscous recipe and it was really good. I used quinoa instead of couscous and upped the apricots, olives, pistachios and added feta. Its a great mixture of flavors, i was really pleased with how it came out.

1 cup quinoa

2 cups water

½ cup dried apricots chopped

½ cup green olives chopped

1/3 cup pistachios chopped

juice for ½ a lemon

feta

 

cook quinoa until mostly done. Add apricots an olives and continue to cook. When finished, mix in pistachios and lemon juice. Serve topped with feta J

3 comments:

Molly said...

Wow Aleta! I was just eating a cold quinoa salad from Capers yesterday thinking, "Damn this shit is good, I gotta eat more quinoa." Thanks for reading my mind and putting up this yummy recipe :)

Arielita said...

yeah except Im Paco not Aleta :)

Uhleetaw said...

same same... but different!