Monday, June 8, 2009

Caesar a la Nueva Mexicana



One of my favorite go-to meals is Caesar Salad. After 4 years of college though, the classic Caesar gets a bit drab. So, here is my own spicy twist...

Spicy Tequila Lime Chicken Caesar Salad with Grilled Veggies

Chicken Breast
Tequila
Lime Juice
Limes
Romaine Lettuce
Red and Yellow Bell Peppers
Purple Onion
Caesar Dressing (I like Trader Joes Vegan Dressing!)
Red Chile Pepper Flakes
Parmesan Cheese


*Marinate the chicken in a mixture of lime juice, chile flakes and tequila
*Slice up the veggies and toss them with a bit of lime juice. Grill all of the veggies and set aside on a plate to cool.
*Grill the chicken, adding more tequila/lime marinade as needed. Slice up and set aside with veggies.
*Tear up the romaine lettuce and place in a giant bowl. Add the dressing, chile flakes, and cheese. Toss until coated, and pour out onto a plate.
*Top with veggies, chicken, and more cheese and chile flakes.
*Enjoy!

2 comments:

Arielita said...

OMG That looks soooo amazing! I hiope mom knows she is making that for me when I come home :)

Uhleetaw said...

¡Claro!
You pretty much get to have WHATEVER you want when you are home! haha!