Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Cookies and Rasberry Muffins...yipee

I went a little crazy with the Christmas baking yesterday. I guess living with people who are really excited about the holidays has inspired me to be a little less humbug about the whole thing. The original thought was to make gingerbread houses, but that plan became a little complicated when I realized most of the ingredients don't exist here. Instead I used Martha Stewart's sugar cookie recipe and made a cream cheese frosting with vanilla and cinnamon which we proceeded to  fill with chemicals to make these beautiful colors. Everyone was really into the decorating as you can tell from the pictures. 

I also made some raspberry muffins using one of Martha Stewart's recipes for blueberry muffins. As much as I hate to admit it, I love that woman. 
Raspberry Muffins:
6 TBS butter
3 cups + 2 TBS flour
3 Tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg 
2 large egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk
raspberries or any other kind of berry
(I also added some coconut and dark chocolate to half the batch)
Bake at 350 until done :)
I frosted a few of them with the leftover white cookie frosting, making them a little more cupcake like.




1 comment:

~I said...

hey, can you guys add me as a contributor? I think I might be able to share some good stuff!