Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Sausage Fest



As some of you know, my sister Emily has some interesting projects. This weekend, Jake and I had the pleasure of making sausage. As you would expect, making sausage is extremely phallic. First we bought pork shoulder, which has just the right amount of fatty goodness for sausage emulsification. The pork was cubed, seasoned, and left to marinate overnight. The next day, we ground the meat in a handy dandy attachment for the KitchenAide (one more reason why I need to get married so my mom will buy me one). After the meat chills, it is stuffed into hog intestines and twisted into links. I can't explain how manly this whole experience was. We all tried to contain ourselves and not make excessive lewd comments on account of the 2 year old present. Still, no one can refrain from commenting about someone's ability to "handle sausage" or "how big that sausage is growing."

No comments: