Sunday, November 9, 2008

Soups Galore

As some of you know my lil sister got her wisdom teeth yanked out on Friday. I came up to Portland to take care of her and make soup for her so she wouldn't starve. I cooked up some old favorites;  Red Pepper Coconut and Creamy Squash and Apple. I thought I would share with you lovely ladies....
Creamy Squash and Apple Soup:
5 cups chicken broth
1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
2 cups vertically sliced onion
2 granny smith apples peeled and sliced
Salt and pepper

Cook the squash and potato in the broth until soft enough to mash. Remove from broth and mash it up, when finished return the mashed goodness to the broth. Saute onion and apples until nice and soft. Add to the broth along with salt and pepper to your liking. Heat it all up and serve :)

No comments: