Monday, October 6, 2008

Cake


Ok, so I have been a little obsessed with baking lately. I admit it. I have a cake problem. Today I made a Lemon Buttermilk Cake with Citrus Glaze. It was so yummy that I can actually feel the fat making itself into glycogen stores in my thighs. In the cookbook, the cake was under the Tube Cake section so I baked it in a bundt pan. When I turned over the cake onto cooling rack, it didn't occur to me how I was going to ever get it off the rack. It was an awkward moment when I tried to transfer the cake onto a plate. Anyone have any ideas of a good way to do this? Then I poured the citrus glaze on the cake, but it was really runny and just sunk into the cake. Was it supposed to do that? (This is the post when I admit that I don't really have any idea what I am doing)
Anyone interested in this recipe?

2 comments:

Molly said...

You are SO out of control. That's it. I'm coming down there and taking away your flour. And your sugar.

Rachel said...

i wonder if i can make cake without flour or sugar.... i would switch to pie, but that requires flour and sugar too. mmmm....