Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oh the joys of college cooking.

My friend Jamie and I made pizza on Sunday night... in 20 minutes! I know, I know, making your own crust is really the only way to go, but I decided to bite the bullet and try Trader Joe's incredibly inexpensive ($1.29) and amazingly delicious whole wheat dough. I was more than impressed- and it only took 10 minutes to bake! 
I decided that I am going to buy some more, and divide it into single size portions, and freeze it. Then, when I am fully immersed in studying, I can whip some out and make my own personal Edward Abbey. 

I have a few fun pizza ideas to share:
1. Grill eggplant and chop it up to use as a topping
2. Add dollops of Ricotta cheese (sounds strange- totally amazing!)

Okay, lame I know... but I wanted to post SOMETHING! So go out and buy some TJ's dough to support the lazy domestic life!

OH! I almost forgot- I am getting my wisdom teeth out sometime this month- so when I do, someone should make some sorbet and soup and bring it my way! :)


2 comments:

Molly said...

Dude, watch out. I can feel you hopping on the crazy pizza wagon... Dividing little dough balls up sounds like a GREAT PLAN! I just looked up where the TG's by my house is because I have never been there before... Or any TG's really. Except one time, in Eugene...

Uhleetaw said...

MOLLS! come to my casita and we can cook pizza.... and maybe drink OJ...